v3.4 Release Notes
firstname.lastname@example.org release (April 2021 #2)
Key highlights of this release:
- Experimental: Enable webpack persistent caching for production builds - significantly speed up webpack compilation on subsequent builds
- Experimental: Gatsby Functions - serverless functions in Gatsby & Gatsby Cloud
- New Aggregation Resolvers - adds
- Better Fast Refresh handling for styling libraries - Theme UI and Chakra UI now work correctly with Fast Refresh
Also check out notable bugfixes.
Bleeding Edge: Want to try new features as soon as possible? Install
gatsby@next and let us know
if you have any issues.
webpack 5 introduced built in persistent caching. It allows webpack to reuse result of previous compilations and significantly speed up compilation steps.
To use it, add a flag to your
We’re making our initial alpha release of serverless functions in Gatsby!
The PR #30789 added new aggregation resolvers similar to the already existing
distinct resolvers. You now can use
sum(). They support numeric fields, but also attempt to cast non-numeric fields and includes them if the value is not
An example query:
Since the introduction of Fast Refresh changes to theme files both in Theme UI and Chakra UI didn’t result in correct hot-reloading behavior as the user had to manually reload the page to see their changes. The PR #30901 added better Fast Refresh handling for components that don’t satisfy the constraints set by Fast Refresh but it didn’t completely fix the incorrect behavior in both plugins. Upstream PRs from us to Theme UI and Chakra UI fixed the behavior! Install
@chakra-ui/gatsby-plugin@^2.0.0 to get the updates.
- Fixed page context changes not triggering query rerunning PR #28590
- Fixed not being able to disable
FAST_DEVis enabled PR #30992
- Speed up
createPagesby ~10% by memoizing
process.envaccess PR #30768
- You now can define the
- Allow CI AWS lamba builds PR #30653
- File System Route API: De-dupe collection pages PR #31016
A big Thank You to our community who contributed to this release 💜
- Refactor: using-contentful to use gatsby-plugin-image exclusively PR #30717
- feat(contentful): warn users when using restricted content type names PR #30715
- test: introduce e2e tests for Contentful PR #30390
- test: Add Contentful content rendering to E2E tests PR #30854
- test(contentful): improve content reference snapshot tests PR #31008