v4.2 Release Notes
email@example.com release (November 2021 #2)
Key highlights of this release:
Also check out notable bugfixes.
Bleeding Edge: Want to try new features as soon as possible? Install
gatsby@next and let us know
if you have any issues.
We’re releasing a new major version of
gatsby-source-contentful as the support for
gatsby-image is dropped in favour fo the superior successor
gatsby-plugin-image. Read the Migrating from gatsby-image to gatsby-plugin-image guide to learn more. The PR #33528 implemented this change.
You can also use
AVIF images with Contentful now as the PR #33903 added support for this image format — use the new
gatsby-plugin-image to use it.
A couple of improvements were made to the new Server-Side Rendering API inside Gatsby:
The response headers are now also applied during
gatsby develop, via PR #33810
You can (and should) use
process.env.*environment variables inside
getServerData, via PR #33690
You can find the support plans for the major versions of Gatsby on the newly created page Gatsby Framework Version Support.
- A lot of internal dependency updates to each package, e.g. bumping
0.29.2. You can check the
CHANGELOG.mdfile in each package’s folder for the details
gatsby: Test files inside the
src/api(Gatsby Functions) directory are now excluded by default, via PR #33834
gatsby-core-utils: Add retry on HTTP status codes to
fetchRemoteFile, via PR #33461
- Content Sync:
A big Thank You to our community who contributed to this release 💜
- shreemaan-abhishek: chore(docs): fix issues in 0009-telemetry RFC PR #33829
- jstramel: searcParams missing from urls PR #33861
- labifrancis: chore(gatsby-plugin-gatsby-google-analytics): Highlight the plugin we recommend PR #33901
- bytrangle: chore(docs): remove slug generation from MDX doc PR #33915
- Swarleys: feat(contentful): modifying schemes to add support for AVIF images PR #33903
- InfamousStarFox: Fixes incorrect link “programmatically creating pages from data” PR #33964
- SaloniThete: chore: Typo in BUG_REPORT PR #33971
- henryjw: chore(docs): Update client-only doc PR #33967