v4.10 Release Notes
firstname.lastname@example.org release (March 2022 #2)
Key highlights of this release:
Also check out notable bugfixes.
Bleeding Edge: Want to try new features as soon as possible? Install
gatsby@next and let us know
if you have any issues.
Free your site from slow images forever. With the new Image CDN, we’ve added better support for remote files and images when building source plugins. The source plugins for WordPress & Contentful are already using the new
RemoteFile GraphQL interface to enable the new
GatsbyImage resolver (so you can try it out today). Other popular CMS and support for local files will follow. The new
GatsbyImage resolver downloads images on demand and processes them during the build. This results in reduced build times and better user experience. You can even remove image processing as a whole during the build step! With Image CDN on Gatsby Cloud, we defer all image processing at the edge, getting even faster builds!
If you have feedback, please post it to the umbrella discussion. Thanks!
If you’re a source plugin author or written your custom source plugin, check out the enabling Image CDN support guide. You can also read the announcement blogpost Image CDN: Lightning Fast Image Processing for Gatsby Cloud to learn more.
Here’s how you can use it in your queries:
gatsbyImageData that you know from
gatsby-plugin-image already. Feature parity for its arguments is not 100%, but the most common operations behave the same. Read How to enable Image CDN to start using Image CDN today.
Once Image CDN is enabled, images will be served from a relative URL similar to this:
Notable bugfixes & improvements
A big Thank You to our community who contributed to this release 💜
- njbmartin: chore(docs): typo in typescript documentation PR #35040
- baranbbr: chore(docs): Conditionally sourcing files using environment variables PR #35056
- hasthamalp: chore(docs): Update query-execution.md PR #35115
- tcoopman: fix(gatsby): null check for context PR #35096
- Dusch4593: chore(docs): Revising scope of
- mckelveygreg: chore(gatsby): add generic to GatsbyFunctionRequest PR #35029
- benackles: chore(docs): Fix broken link PR #35071
- tianheg: chore(docs): Fix link to TS doc in tutorial PR #35014
- reviewher: fix(gatsby-transformer-excel): Use
readFileBuffer PR #35050
- jonohewitt: fix(gatsby-plugin-sharp): Upgrade
probe-image-sizeto fix memory leak warning PR #35009
- cheru-dev: chore(docs): Fix typos PR #35119
- keevan: docs(gh-pages): improve separate repository instructions PR #35118
- adambaratz: fix(gatsby): Misspelled cacheIdentifier key PR #35070
- natalyjazzviolin: chore(docs): Update migration guide to add more info about image resolvers PR #35105